PRIVATE POWER & INFRASTRUCTURE BOARD
GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN
MINISTRY OF ENERGY
ISLAMABAD, 17th July 2020: PPIB is focussing on developing small hydropower projects (SHPPs) after delivering various success stories in materializing of larger hydropower projects as well as other technologies...
ISLAMABAD, 6th July 2020: The Power Sector of Pakistan witnessed another big day towards harnessing hydropower generation with the signing of project agreements for development of 700.7 MW Azad Pattan Hydropower today...
Islamabad, 19 Jun, 2020: The efforts for optimizing and progressing the CPEC based hydropower generation in the country got major push today when the Board of Private Power and Infrastructure Board (PPIB) in its 128th meeting held today under the Minister for Power Mr. Omar Ayub Khan approved "Standardized Security Package Documents for Hydropower Projects" for submission to ECC for final approval...
Islamabad, 16th Dec, 2019: The Implementation Agreement (IA) of Pakistan’s largest thar coal-based power generation project of 1,320 MW power generation capacity has been signed at Private Power and Infrastructure Board (PPIB) for materializing the financing of 1,912.2 Million US$ as the cumulative Project cost...
Islamabad, 22nd Nov, 2019: The Honourable Minister for Power Mr. Omar Ayub Khan while chairing the 126th meeting of the Private Power and Infrastructure Board (PPIB) stated that the GoP is bringing revolution in power sector to make it efficient, sustainable, secure, affordable and competitive...
Islamabad, 29th Aug, 2019: The Federal Minister for Power Mr. Omar Ayub Khan while presiding the 125th meeting of the Private Power and Infrastructure Board (PPIB) cherished the collective efforts of Power Division, PPIB and provincial governments of Sindh and Balochistan in materializing two mega power generation projects of around 2000 MW in a short period of around one month...
Islamabad, 15th Jul, 2019: The Minister for Power Mr. Omar Ayub Khan while presiding the 124th meeting of the Board of Private Power and Infrastructure Board (PPIB) congratulated and appreciated the combined efforts of Power Division, PPIB and Government of Sindh...
Private Power and Infrastructure Board (PPIB) was created in 1994 as a "One-Window Facilitator" on behalf of the Government of Pakistan (GoP) to promote private investments in power sector. In 2012 PPIB was made a statutory organization through Private Power and Infrastructure Board Act 2012 (Act VI of 2012). The role of PPIB has been further expanded by the GoP by allowing it to facilitate public sector power and related infrastructure projects in IPP mode, for which PPIB's Act has been amended in November 2015...
CHINA PAKISTAN ECONOMIC CORRIDOR
● Frontrunner institution for CPEC implementation - Portfolio of US $ 20 Billion
● 13 Power Generation Projects of 11,648 MW
- 9 Coal Power Projects of 8,220 MW
- 4 Hydro Power Projects of 3,428 MW
● Pakistan's 1st HVDC Transmission Line Project
● Overall Portfolio of
● Harnessing Indigenous Resources
- 333 MW Hydro Power Projects commissioned
- 660 MW Engro Powergen Thar Coal Power Project-Commissioned
- 6,175 MW Hydro Power Projects under process
- 4,290 MW Thar Coal based power generation projects under development
- Successfully managed to induct 40 independent private power projects of about 17551 MW
- Attracted an investment of around US$ 17 billion.
- IPPs are around 50% of the country's present installed generation capacity.
- Attracted leading international / local investors and lenders to the Pakistan Power Sector.
- Contributed in development of domestic capital markets.
- Supported economic growth and enhanced power supply.
- PPIB Advancing Development Of Small Hydropower Projects
- Signing of Project Agreements for 700.7MW Azad Pattan Hydropower Project.
- Security Package Agreements for 1,124 MW Kohala Hydropower Project signed.
- 102 MW Gulpur Hydropower Project, started operation.
- 84 MW New Bong Hydropower Project, the first hydro IPP in Pakistan/AJK Commissioned.
- 870 MW Suki Kinari, Financial Close Achieved. Construction has been started.
- 720 MW Karot Hydropower Project achieved Financial Close. Construction has been started.
- 1320 MW PQEPCL started operation.
- 1320 MW Sahiwal Coal Power Project is operational.
- 660 MW Engro Powergen Thar Coal Power Project is operational.
- 1230MW RLNG based Haveli Bahadur Shah started operation.
- 1180 MW RLNG based Power Project at Bhikki Sheikhupura started operation.
- 1223 MW RLNG based Balloki Power Project at Balloki Kasur started operation.